Liminal Mask: Terre Mérite
$25.00 – $28.00
Our “Terre Mérite” mask is hand dyed using organic, food grade Turmeric. Turmeric is a fugitive pigment that, when exposed to environmental conditions, are less permanent. Over time the color may change, lighten, darken or disappear. Coffee-colored cork accents and fittings.
All v2.0 masks are now 3 layers with a breathable natural silk inner layer. Recent studies have shown silk is not only hydrophobic and resistant to the entry of water but also antimicrobial, antiviral, and antibacterial because of the presence of copper.
Also shown is the new lanyard. Modeled after vintage military lanyards, it’s fully adjustable with natural cork fittings and tactical SF mini clasps. Finished with a decorative broach loop knot.
|For every mask purchased, we are donating 40 meals to The LA Regional Food Bank.|
Our Liminal Masks have been handmade in our studio in West Los Angeles with keen attention to design, usability, and sustainability. We’ve used remnant material whenever possible and all natural dyes.
- The articulated design allows for conversations with minimal slippage.
- High quality natural, and sustainable cork line the nose bridge for a soft, non-slip feature.
- Incorporates a lightweight metal noseband to customize to any face for maximum comfort and is optimized to keep its shape through multiple uses.
- Outer layer of tight woven 8oz natural cotton, natural silk inner layer, and a soft, breathable jersey lining for maximum comfort.
- The adjustable ear loops are made of strong cotton twill with cork stoppers that size to each individual face.
- Pull tab at chin for quick adjustments and minimal contact with the front of mask.
To ensure the safety of everyone we do not accept returns and all sales are final on our face masks. These are non-medical, reusable masks. It is NOT meant to be a substitute for medical-grade equipment or FDA approved.
- Machine Wash Warm.
- Lay Flat to Dry for longest life. May be tumble dried.
- Do not Bleach.
- You may spray with alcohol to disinfect.
- Do not fold the nose band in half – to ensure its quality please only carefully bend the nose band. Folding it completely in half repeatedly will cause it to break.
The product(s) you receive might vary slightly from the product picture due to the nature of your product(s) being 100% handmade to order. The beauty of imperfections: Please understand that all masks in this line are handmade, and handmade items, by nature, have imperfections. There are inconsistencies based on the creative nature, each item will look a little different from the next. These items have natural and unique imperfections. Any mask you purchase is one of a kind. There are no two items in this line that are exactly the same. Even if the fabric is from the same dye lot, the unique patterning of colors will always make each item beautifully different. Warning: Our Masks are only intended for civilian use and are not a substitution for medical-grade personal protective equipment or any other medical equipment. No representations or claims regarding AET products are intended to substitute for professional medical advice.
Liminality (from the Latin word līmen, meaning “a threshold”) is the quality of ambiguity that occurs in the middle stage of a rite of passage, when participants no longer hold their pre-ritual status but have not yet begun the transition to the status they will hold when the rite is complete. During a rite’s liminal stage, participants “stand at the threshold” between their previous way of structuring their identity, time, or community, and a new way, which completing the rite establishes. Handmade in LA
|Dimensions||12 × 4 × .25 in|
With Lanyard, No Lanyard
Our masks are designed to fit on as many adult face sizes as possible, but we have not fit-tested them on kids. Per CDC guidelines, cloth masks should not be placed on children under the age of 2.