Liminal Mask: Boro
Our “Boro” mask is our only 3 layer mask. Consisting of a light chambray outer layer with a simple yet distinct hand embroidered design, heavier chambray middle layer, and soft, breathable grey jersey inner layer. It is finished with coffee-colored cork details.
There is a version with out embroidery as well.
|For every mask purchased, we are donating 40 meals to The LA Regional Food Bank.|
Our Liminal Masks have been handmade in our studio in West Los Angeles with keen attention to design, usability, and sustainability. We’ve used remnant material whenever possible and all natural dyes.
- The articulated design allows for conversations with minimal slippage.
- High quality natural, and sustainable cork line the nose bridge for a soft, non-slip feature.
- Incorporates a lightweight metal noseband to customize to any face for maximum comfort and is optimized to keep its shape through multiple uses.
- Outer layer of tight woven 8oz natural cotton and a soft, breathable jersey lining for maximum comfort.
- The adjustable ear loops are made of strong cotton twill with cork stoppers that size to each individual face.
- Pull tab at chin for quick adjustments and minimal contact with the front of mask.
To ensure the safety of everyone we do not accept returns and all sales are final on our face masks.
These are non-medical, reusable masks. It is NOT meant to be a substitute for medical-grade equipment or FDA approved.
- Machine Wash Warm.
- Lay Flat to Dry for longest life. May be tumble dried.
- Do not Bleach.
- You may spray with alcohol to disinfect.
- Do not fold the nose band in half – to ensure its quality please only carefully bend the nose band. Folding it completely in half repeatedly will cause it to break.
The product(s) you receive might vary slightly from the product picture due to the nature of your product(s) being 100% handmade to order.
The beauty of imperfections: Please understand that all masks in this line are handmade, and handmade items, by nature, have imperfections. There are inconsistencies based on the creative nature, each item will look a little different from the next. These items have natural and unique imperfections.
Any mask you purchase is one of a kind. There are no two items in this line that are exactly the same. Even if the fabric is from the same dye lot, the unique patterning of colors will always make each item beautifully different.
Warning: Our Masks are only intended for civilian use and are not a substitution for medical-grade personal protective equipment or any other medical equipment. No representations or claims regarding AET products are intended to substitute for professional medical advice.
Liminality (from the Latin word līmen, meaning “a threshold”) is the quality of ambiguity that occurs in the middle stage of a rite of passage, when participants no longer hold their pre-ritual status but have not yet begun the transition to the status they will hold when the rite is complete. During a rite’s liminal stage, participants “stand at the threshold” between their previous way of structuring their identity, time, or community, and a new way, which completing the rite establishes.
Handmade in LA
|Dimensions||12 × 4 × .25 in|
Embroidered, No Embroidery